I gave him my heart, and he gave me a pen.

April 4, 2007

Let's see...

Not too much going on here.

The good:
  • My stepson will be here in a week.
  • Sirius has an all punk station.
  • My daughter is still cute as hell.
  • There may be a way out of Florida yet.
  • The Shield is back.
The bad:
  • Our house that we just rented in November, is going on the market.
  • My sister is still living with us.
  • The lawn I rent needs to be cut.
  • Daughter is teething.
  • The "great car" the husband known as J bought for $700? Probably now needs a new transmission. Or at least an overhaul.

I am risking getting all whiney/angsty. I think I will stop here.

The good news - I just realized that it is Wednesday, thought it was Tuesday. Hey - it's something.

3 comments:

Kazza said...

So is the punk channel any good?

I'll check into B'hem for you. I drive through on my way to DC and see all these kid things I want to do in Eastern PA - Crayola Factory, old amusement parks. Western PA is the land that time forgot and I love PA for that reason. I'll get back to you!!!

Sucks about the house being on sale. Nothing like a little where am I going to live stress!

BentHalo said...

Here are the last 5 songs I have heard:
The Clash - Death or Glory
UK Subs - Killer Cops
D.R.I - Nursing Home Blues
Sex Pistols - E.M.I
The Exploited - Fuck a Mod

I would appreciate it if you could check in to B'hem. My FIL lives in Henryville, but, we kinda just want to covertly check it out.

I am so pissed about the house, I can't even try to rationalize what the fuck he was thinking.

Kazza said...

Here's what my cousin said:

"Good old Bethlehem! One of my good friends is actually from the town. Pretty historical homes all over.

Most of Bethlehem's economy is from the school. People in the town is split between the wealthy college kids (and the people who teach them or profit from them), and townspeople who resent them. Lots of animosity between the groups. Most of the arts, dining, usable open space, etc is owned by the school or swarming with students.

If education/Lehigh is something that would be a part of your friend's life it could be a great move. They have classes from hs - doctoral level. If not, I would have them really think hard."

I know PA in general is cheap and has some great deals (I had a 7 BR in Pittsburgh for under $200K a few years ago) but it does have an aging population in some areas so that can be a bummer. I loved Pittsburgh though. Great people, arts, schools OK, universities, sports...